January 24, 2009

Cold, Rainy Saturday

I've been looking for the "perfect" scented candle. I think maybe I found one that will do. Therapy for under 2 bucks so I'm told. Light it up and turn off the lights....and just breathe. Relax....I'm probably gonna wish I'd just bought a book! Went to the flea market today but didn't find what I was looking for...well, I did find one. Months ago I bought an old tobacco cabinet and no one knows what the thing is. I guess maybe the original owner and me are the only people who ever saw it and thought, "Hey, neat!" Anyway, I went in search of old pipes. I know, I'm the only person who would ever buy those either but I thought with the pipes everyone would know what the little table is for. I found one that I'd actually buy. I mean I do have scrupples when it comes to used pipes. I was also looking for old valentines because Hallmark magazine has the cutest little craft using old, antique valentines. No luck. I think someone else has been looking at the same magazine. It's cold and rainy and I'm rambling so I'm just gonna go now and maybe try out the candle therapy.

2 comments:

Eugenia Wadsworth Martin said...

What does the candle smell like? I got one at Petersons that smells like pine and love it. They have some candles made by someone local I think.
The wind is really howling here today.

Yvonne said...

Hi G! The candle was called Katrina and I bought it at Donna's #6 Produce on 49. It has a real girlie smell and while I found it nice it didn't offer the relaxing aroma I was looking for!

Having some fun on Saturday....

Click to play this Smilebox photo album
Create your own photo album - Powered by Smilebox
Create a photo album

Outing with the boys to Grand Gulf...they kinda look like kids from the Dust Bowl era...(smiles)

Photos by Me with Music by Taylor Swift

Smoky Mountains Fall 2009