Howdy. Twenty eight years ago today my oldest daughter was born. Now I commented the other day that she was "almost" 30 and she said, in that high pitched voice, "Mother, I am NOT 30!" To which I replied that I had not said she WAS 30. Only that she is almost 30 and if she thinks that makes her feel old...well, just how did she think that made me feel! Whew...that did make her think and we both had a giggle over it. The night she was born we, her parents, were totally green when it came to birthing babies. I almost changed my mind but it seems things had gone a little too far for that and I did make it through with the help of her dad. (I love you Honey!) The first thing I did was count her toes and fingers to make sure there were 10 of each. The apgar scale welcomed her in with a 10 and as far as I'm concerned, she is still a 10 today!!! Happy Birthday Lizzie!!! May you always remember who you are and where you came from and where you are going. May the good days be extra happy and extra sunny and give you that good warm feeling all over. And when the cloudy days come along, handle them with grace believing in Him who will lift you up and carry you through and never give you a burden so hard to bear that the two of you together can't figure it out. I love you sweetheart...just as much today as I did the first time I looked into your eyes and held you in my arms and fell absolutely and completely in love. To R and G...thanks for the movie the other night and the hot cocoa and the spoon bread. Yummy. I love the big screen HD TV and wonder if G watched it all day yesterday? Everyone take care and have a great week. Bundle up and stay safe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Having some fun on Saturday....
![]() |
| Create a photo album |




No comments:
Post a Comment