January 01, 2009

The Color of Blue

I love the color blue. It's peaceful and it's calming. At least to me. But blue is also associated with a state of being. This past week I have found out exactly how blue that blue can be. My oldest daughter lost her baby. Our sweet angel passed at 13 1/2 weeks. It's abnormal to lose them at that stage but it happened. As depressing as that is, the hardest part of all was watching my daughter as they told her there was no heartbeat. That her baby was gone. That I as a mother was helpless to help my child. We hugged and we cried and every day since we've hugged and we've cried and we've gone through the motions of being with that ever present state of blue there in our midst. I know there are no words to make it better. No magic salve and no bandaid to put on the hurt. I was in her place once and I know. She said the other night as she lay in bed and cried that she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned to see if it was me but it wasn't. God is busy doing what I can't do. In the meanwhile...we're hanging on and He's carrying us through the blue. I hope the New Year is good to you all.

No comments:

Having some fun on Saturday....

Click to play this Smilebox photo album
Create your own photo album - Powered by Smilebox
Create a photo album

Outing with the boys to Grand Gulf...they kinda look like kids from the Dust Bowl era...(smiles)

Photos by Me with Music by Taylor Swift

Smoky Mountains Fall 2009