February 24, 2009
My Smilebox
Well, I've spent hours attempting to make a video on smilebox. It looks good there and the music is just right but when I post it here, the music and the pictures are off, but not every time. Does anyone know why? why? why? Anyway, if it works right, the music should play through twice and end with the little girl (me) asleep. I will continue to try and work this out! (I may give up!) Anyway, I was thinking about moments...too often we overlook them or we just plain forget to think about them. I think the most special ones are those when someone does something that they know we'll enjoy (like my daughter did last week) totally out of the blue and unsolicited. So...in remembering the times of my life there are moments that stand out from the rest. Daffodils blooming on a beautiful February day...a hillside full of them like bright summer sunshine. A door opening into a beautiful world of blue...it is my favorite color. Sitting down in the pew and just being there...peaceful, serene, a treasure...stored away. A fresh plucked flower offered from a tiny hand(s) now pressed between the pages of a favorite book. A journey to the past. A road I love to travel and knowing that all "he" saw were pillars of concrete but for me on that day an offering of thoughtfulness. A card, a call, a look, a hug...the words..."You are the most special person I've ever had in my life." A click and it's gone but there...and special. A rose appearing at the window and then the smile. It had been a bad day and in a moment it changed...for me. I cry easily...especially if I am really, really happy (kinda silly buttttt...entirely me) and I cry when I'm really, really sad. I cry for myself and I cry for the sorrows (and happiness) of others and have been known to rain buckets over something as simple as thinking about my grandfather. Perfect love...known in quiet moments...in split seconds of time...treasure them all...store them up...and share your secret with the doer of thoughtful deeds so they too can have the memory...shared...the very best kind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Having some fun on Saturday....
![]() |
| Create a photo album |




2 comments:
You take beautiful pics! I love the magnolia. When we are over you will have to tell me the story behind them.
Oh, I know how you love those old antique bottles. Seeing the old wells reminded me if you are so inclined to and wanted to find some, they usually find them where out houses use to be, by digging. Just thought I would share that.
Take care.
H
Thanks H! When I was at the Ford House the lady who gave me the tour told me about the outhouses! I did not know that little info until that time. Thanks for your kind words. Love you guys!
Post a Comment