February 14, 2009
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!! Last night I had the honor of being invited by my daughter to a sweetheart supper at UCC. Both of our male counterparts were unavailable. She had asked B. if she could bring her mom in R's place and he said sure so off we went. I want you to know I haven't enjoyed anything that much in a long, long time. The food was delicious. The guys served us gals and made us feel really special. There were some speeches and a lot of laughter and some singing by a Willie Nelson impersonator that was absolutely fantastic!!! He sang "Always on my Mind" and when he began my daughter leaned over and said, "Mom, you always loved this song." And she was right...and right then and there I had to fight back the tears. I don't know exactly why this song gets to me like that but it does. Some things can't be explained. Anyway, I walked away with a sense of something I haven't had in quite some time. And that is that life is truly made of moments. In one single moment last night I realized that my daughter knew me enough to know what I liked and she knew it was special and she made me feel special by knowing. As we sat together sharing and enjoying this wonderful event carried on by some thoughtful, caring gentlemen I realized that nothing in life is more important than that one single moment when you know beyond all else that you are loved and that the love you feel back is so intense that hellfire itself can't undo it. I love you to the moon and back Lizzie. Thank you for a wonderful evening!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Having some fun on Saturday....
![]() |
| Create a photo album |




5 comments:
aaaawwwww, reading what you wrote made me cry!I love you 2 mama :-) I am so glad that you enjoyed last night.
hugs sweetie
Y'all cut that out. You are making me cry!
So glad you had a great Valentines day.
What wonderful children/young adults!
H
really good site,tried to leave a comment before but it wouldn't let..Derby UK
Thanks Derby UK! Hugs to you H! Hope the children are doing good and staying well.
Post a Comment